RED DOG LOGISTICS HOURS OF SERVICE
Red Dog Logistics Hours of Services is a powerful but easy to use tablet and portal-based service certified with US Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations for electronic logs and vehicle inspections. Regulations for electronic driving and vehicle inspection logs have become commonplace to ensure the veracity of driver tablet input and ensured compliance with regulations. Red Dog Logistics Hours of Service is compliant with federal and state regulations as well as Canadian regulations.
Red Dog Logistics Hours of Service has a tablet or smartphone-based app that is fully FMCSA-certified and provides both hours of service and DVIR support in addition to data for IFTA reporting. Red Dog Logistics Hours of Service uses an Android-based tablet and an ELD (electronic logging device, hardware purchased separately) for electronic logs and vehicle inspections. Several state driving rules exemptions, such as for oil fields are supported.
Red Dog Logistics Hours of Service adds a full-featured hosted portal that provides the ability to monitor drivers in the fleet, examine and edit logs as necessary, set up custom inspection categories, view reports (including IFTA), and administer drivers (such as adding or deleting drivers). The portal and tablet stay in synchronization to provide back-office employees a near real time view of their fleet.
A key differentiator for Red Dog Logistics Hours of Service is the ability to support numerous Android tablet brands (iOS expected soon). An owner-operator, for example, can purchase an inexpensive Android tablet or use his/her smartphone and be fully compliant using Red Dog Logistics Hours of Service.
OTHER DIFFERENTIATORS INCLUDE:
- Enhanced and Customized Inspections
- Unlike other providers, out portal’s log grid clearly shows violations
- Offline support – disconnected operation
- Automatic retry for loss of connectivity with the ELD
- Fully integrated portal backend for driver dashboard at home office, feature rich, fully synchronized with tablet and all HOS product options
- Ability to control tablet settings from the portal, such as disabling driver log edits on the tablet by the driver
- Ability to filter log edit reports on portal by consistent codes from a drop-down menu not available on other products which only support free-form entries of reasons for an edit which are difficult to sort by and track
- Easy to use, minimal training required, on-screen documentation to minimize errors and support costs
- Easy to use administration tools for account, vehicle and driver management